Thursday, March 24, 2011

9/11


I wake up at 6:50, I don't know why I thought that i needed to get up that early. So I hit snooze. I didn't roll out of bed till 7:10 and that's when I officially started my morning. Walking to class was a beeeeeeep! who knew that it was going to be that cold, and I didn't know that the side walk was going to be covered with ICE! I should have worn ice skates and ice skated to class, but no i walked, and almost ATE it on the side walk multiple times. In other news here is what I did in class today:

 9/11 Terrorist Attacks.
9/11 is a pretty tragic event in our nations history. We chose to write about the 9/11 terrorist attacks because there is a lot of information about the event. Each fact draws in my attention and reading the information still shocks me to this day.

Jane Cook a junior at something high school, is a scholar athlete and has two younger siblings.  Julie, Jane’s younger sister attends something middle school, and their little brother Billy is only 5 months old.  Jane’s parents are happily married and are currently redecorating their home. William Cook works on the 82nd floor in the south tower as a risk manager.  Their mother, Emma Cook is a stay at home mom, and attends to all of her children’s needs. 
Jane likes to participate in multiple sports, but since there are so many to choose from she only practices in two. She is captain of the swim team, and also practices on the track team.  When she is not at swim practice, or at home helping her mom take care of her siblings, she like to hangout with her best friend Kendra White.  Jane and Kendra have been best friends since the sixth grade.  Kendra was Jane’s first friend when she moved to New York five years ago.  

Facts about 9/11:
-Each tower was 110 stories tall
-North tower collapsed after 102 minutes, and the South tower collapsed after 56 minutes.
-2,749 people died, majority of them males.

No comments:

Post a Comment